For Kids 3 -7 years oldLiv offers classes for budding yogis and yoginis! A fun, active class in English for 3-7 year olds that gets them moving and connecting with themselves and with each other as a group. Benefits include:
- Studies have shown that yoga helps children to better focus, particularly in school.
- Kids yoga gives children a much better body image.
- They develop important skills in a fun, non-competitive environment.
- Yoga helps kids to pay attention to one thing at a time, as they need to focus on their body and a particular position before they transition to another one.
Storytelling, music and art are also incorporated to encourage self-expression. During the classes we take them on a journey visiting lots of places of interest to them – it can be to the beach, space, forest, haunted castle or even under the sea! We incorporate movement, visualization, music, relaxation, breath work and have lots of fun along the way.
Here is just one example of a class, a trip under the sea for children aged between 3–7years:
- Breathing exercises.
- Warm up game of introductions.
- Journey to the sea by boat, plane etc.
- Sea dance (similar to sun salutations).
- Acting out the different sea animal poses: seahorse, fish, crab, dolphin, shark, catfish, jelly fish, octopus, starfish etc.
- Yoga freeze dance.
- End in relaxation/story telling/massage